Cosmetic Surgery Costs and Recovery Time
What Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedures Includes
Here is what is included in your comprehensive cosmetic surgery quote. It is an all-inclusive, "global" fee. Click here to go to Dr. Yoho's chapter on "What Price Beauty?" for a general discussion of this subject.
Although prices are subject to change, Dr.Yoho's average price for any surgery in this website is less than $5,000 and the top prices are generally less than $8,500. Ninety-five percent of the patients pictured have had only one day of surgery.
- All operating room supplies including intravenous medications, sterile instruments and other operating room charges are included in your global fee. This is commonly an extra fee ranging typically $ 500-1,500 in other practices.
- Anesthesiologist. There is usually no fee for an anesthesiologist in our office, because no anesthesiologist is needed for our procedures. This is usually about $500-1,000 in other offices.
- Physical exams and extensive blood work including HIV, liver function, hepatitis studies, thyroid tests, complete blood count — about 50 tests total. An electrocardiogram is performed for patients over the age of forty. This would cost about $ 500 in an internist's office. You should give copies of all of this to your regular private physician.
- Also included are handouts showing Dr. Yoho's approach to weight management.
- Follow-up visits are included as long as there is a healing process. This may be up to 6 months or longer in some cases.
- Laser patients will follow-up typically several times the first week and then at intervals for several months.
- Liposuction patients typically follow-up at l week, 1 month, and 3 months and possibly after this. For liposuction: compression garment & foam. If you want a second compression garment, you may order it from the manufacturer.
- You get a canvas shopping bag on the day of the procedure to carry home your antibiotics and personal belongings.
- You'll receive pre- and post-operatively photos to take home and show all your friends and family and possibly put on your refrigerator!,
- Patients who want to schedule should have their blood tests and leave a deposit. This is not refundable as it pays for blood testing.
Full payment needs to be received 7 days prior to the procedure.
PLEASE NOTE: COSMETIC SURGERY IS NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE. Patients who allow billing of their insurance for cosmetic surgery procedures ay be liable for criminal prosecution along with their doctors.
How Much Time Off Will I Need After My Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
It depends. Age, skin type, number and type of procedures done, pain tolerance, size of the person, and general health/athleticism all play a role in your recovery. Although every patient is different (and if you have a complication, all bets are off), general rules of thumb are:
- Complete bed-rest is a no-no. You can get health problems from this and you won't recover as fast.
- This is our typical pattern: when we call our patients on the third day they are often out and we get an answering machine. Usually by this point you can do most of your activities, but in slow motion.
- We advise our facelift patients to take a week with the weekends before and after included, but recovery sometimes takes two weeks or occasionally longer. We can help you with makeup so you may be back in action sooner.
- Laser peels are usually back in makeup at a week, but sometimes it takes two. There's a direct relationship between the type of recovery you have and the type of laser peel you have. A more aggressive resurfacing definitely requires a longer recovery, but the results can be much more dramatic. Light peels may be back at work in just a few days. For heavy peels, based on your skin type, it may be sometimes necessary to wear a cover makeup for several months.
- Younger lipo patients are sometimes back at work in two to three days, depending on how big they are and how much is done.
- Bleph (eyelid lift) patients usually do very well within a few days if they are careful to ice their eyelids for the first 24-48 hours. With the laser, significant bruising is uncommon.
- Hair transplants: grafts are visible for two weeks in most cases. If you are able to style your hair (or wear a hat) to conceal the transplanted area, you should usually go back to work the next day.